This is the FightCPS guestbook… Please Read… and respond to people who leave messages here… your feedback is treasured by those in need.
As always, I read your stories, your pleas for help, your questions about what’s allowed and what’s not. I FEEL the pain you carry with you and your needs and desires for any ray of hope, any tiny bit of information that might lead you closer to having your children returned.
Many people have asked me for direct help, but I am not an attorney and therefore not allowed to help work on cases on an individual basis. I put everything I know into this site, for everyone to read, and I’ve set up a message board and Facebook group where parents can support one another and share ideas and information.
Years ago when I had a child in foster care there was no internet. There were no online message boards, and no Facebook of course… and I felt very much alone in my situation. Even my family seemed to desert me emotionally. They didn’t know what to think about what was happening! The only people on my side were Joseph Sarandos, an insightful activist against CPS, and his wife, Marie.
Every Friday night after I got off work I would go to their home, a very tiny place that at one time was used by Joseph as an electrician’s repair storefront. This was in Central California.
Joseph Sarandos trained me as an activist. He was born and raised on the island of Patmos, the same island where John wrote the book of Revelation. He’s gone now; you might know him as the author of A Call For Change, an epic poem about CPS.
Well, let’s get on with the guestbook!
1. Guard Your Privacy. PLEASE don’t use your last name on this site if you have an open CPS case or are in danger of having one. (Hint: if you have children under age 18, you’re in danger of having one.)
There’s a reason for this. In the past social workers have scanned the internet looking for anything they could use against their clients, and they’ve taken comment postings from this site to court to use against parents! I was aghast to hear this, as you can imagine. I’ve been removing last names ever since… but it would help me a lot and save me time, if you would just not use them.
There’s absolutely no anonymity for those using our Facebook group (or any other Facebook group) yet some people still prefer that because they like Facebook. For those of you needing some privacy to talk about your case with other parents, you’re welcome at our message board where you can use a made-up name as your handle.
2. Will You Write for FightCPS? I’m still looking for new articles to post here at FightCPS. Please let me know in a comment if you’ll write one for the site. I read all comments before posting them. All comments are read first because that’s the only way I can keep spam off the site. (Crazy spammers!!)
3. Keep It Short. Please don’t write a l-o-n-g comment… it takes me so much t-i-m-e to read through them. Shorter is better!
4. Don’t Name Names Here. Don’t name your social worker, judge, kids, reporting parties, lawyers, etc. etc. . . . I can’t post the names here without people getting upset and angry.
Anyone whose name appears on this site, or anyone needing something else removed, such as a comment, is welcome to let me know. Read: How To Have Information Removed From This Site. I’m easy to negotiate with; if you don’t want your stuff here, I don’t want it here either.
5. Please Answer the Comments of Other People. I often don’t have time or energy to answer every comment. People will appreciate it if you share your ideas with them. We all need support and feedback when going through the trauma and terrors of being involved in a CPS case.