For Those Looking For a CPS Defense Lawyer

Are you here looking for legal representation? This site doesn’t give referrals but you can leave a message here to see if a lawyer might want to contact you.

Attorney Requests

If you leave your contact information in a comment on this page, a lawyer might contact you but there’s no guarantee. If you’re contacted by anyone, please be careful to check the person’s true identity. You are responsible to verify that the person is in fact, an attorney capable of helping you in court.

There are no lawyers working for this website and I cannot give referrals. FightCPS isn’t an organization – it is just a website run by one person.

If you’re already involved in a CPS case you may already have a court appointed attorney. We all know that these attorneys are often ineffective and not well-motivated to truly provide an aggressive defense for parents involved in CPS cases. However, if you’re a low-income parent and can’t afford to hire an attorney on your own, you will have to learn to manage with the attorney the court gave you. You might want to write a letter to your attorney explaining what you need and expect.

DO – Create your own “FightCPS Strategy” for working on your CPS case.

DON’T – Expect an attorney to do all the work for you.

DO – Read this site and others like it to get ideas that you believe might work for you.

DON’T – Use your last name on this website. Guard your privacy!

DO – Write your own legal documents such as a Declaration of Facts and/or a statement of Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker.

DON’T – Ever miss a visitation opportunity with your kids. Missed visitations or drug tests will probably be held against you in court.

DO – Watch this video: collect documentary evidence

DON’T – Give up. This year is your ONE CHANCE to get your kids back from CPS. Give it your all.

DO – Maintain a notebook to keep a record of everything that happens in your case.

Who is qualified to give legal advice?

Only an attorney licensed in your state is qualified to provide legal advice and help to you.

Most of the people you’ll meet on this site or on Facebook or other online groups are NOT attorneys and are NOT qualified to give legal advice. You might get good ideas and suggestions from other parents, but be aware that the best source of information is a local attorney who has all the details about your case.

If you’re looking for a PRO-BONO attorney, one that will work for free, don’t be surprised if that person is nearly impossible to find. I don’t know of any attorneys who want to work for free. They like to be paid for their services. However, you can try these websites: Justice Denied :: ABA Directory of Pro-Bono Programs :: Bet Tzedek

I don’t give referrals because I don’t know any attorneys well enough to confidently recommend them. If you want to leave a message here, hoping that an attorney will see your message and contact you, you’ll have to leave either a phone number or email address in the body of the message.

Do NOT write out your entire case history. Less is better. Most busy attorneys don’t want to read long messages. Keep it as short as possible

Do NOT use your last name. If your first name is unusual, don’t use that either. Social workers use internet search engines to try to find more information about their victims, so be careful about what you say and where you say it.

If you leave your phone number in the message, please disguise it by writing some numbers as letters, like this: 426-3two9-55five5.

Email addresses should be written out like this: yourname[at] – this should keep spammers from collecting your email for nefarious purposes.

If someone contacts you, BE CAREFUL and BE DISCERNING. There are some people who are not attorneys who have called people whose phone numbers were found on this site. Some claim to be “advocates” or “paralegals” or … well, I don’t know what they’ll come up with next. Please be aware that if someone is asking for money for a service, and you can’t verify on the web that the person is an attorney, you might not want to do business with that person. A paralegal cannot replace an attorney. I don’t work with any of these people. FightCPS doesn’t ask for money, and if someone claims to be from this site and asks for money, you KNOW that person is not to be trusted. See: FightCPS does not endorse or work with Bellas Law or other paralegal organizations or businesses.

One more thing – there is no way I can guarantee that someone will contact you. Sorry! Some lawyers do scan the page to see if there’s someone in their area needing help, but I don’t know if you’ll get a call or email. Keep looking for a lawyer locally – and consider looking in nearby counties. Sometimes an out-of-county lawyer is better because he/she will be less likely to care about remaining “friends” with local judges and social workers.

Please read before posting:

Who Will Prepare Your Case?

Also, read about what the ABA is trying to get CPS attorneys to do for you:
National Project to Improve Representation for Parents Involved in the Child Welfare System.

Similar Posts:


  1. melissa lionetti says

    I’m going to make this simple. I need a pro bono lawyer willing to represent me in a lawsuit against CPC OF PALM COAST FL. In the past 5 Years they have taken all 3 of my children on fabricated evidence. I have every single document I need to prove my innocence. I have done all the work myself I just need a good lawyer who can help me. I have over 22 witnesses. Notonly have iI got them on violation of civil rights and violation of hippa, but on perjury and kidnapping. The best way to contact me is on my cell 386 868 7792.

  2. Kay says

    Hi my baby was born early she was one pound six onces she stayed in women hospital for three months of her life my mom and i went in everyday to see her then on one Saturday i was told i could not come back and see my child til cyfd sets up a meeting one of the nurses lied on me and said i was using foul language towards the staff which i dont even use my mom raised me better then that so monday they tell me i can come see my child with strictly supervise VISITS cyfd was then sent to my home and came with detectives i recorded everything they made my mom sign a consent saying she will attend every hospital vist with me as my safty monitor they then told me i had to sign consent for them to access my child medical records im only 18 teen and at that point scared that i would lose my babies due to no sense then the hospital social worker makes me sign a consent saying if i refuse the doctors will not release my baby into my custody because im not allowing her to share information with cyfd please if anyone can help me if any attorneys see this i will gratefully appreciate the help of you all advice very stress out and concerned in new mexico oh and now they are saying if i go to one of there programs to watch my behavior then they will close my case help please thank you

  3. Amanda says

    I am in need of help w an attorney to help fight cps to get my children back and out of foster care. I do currently have a court appointed atty that I have not trusted from day one and today I caught her in huge lie regarding court and I DO have proof! I also had cps and dci enter my home w out my permission nor did they ever show me a warrant

    • says

      Amanda, I hope you can find an attorney to help you sue for violation of the fourth amendment. If you know your attorney lied to you and have proof, you could file a complaint with the state bar association… but then other attorneys might be hesitant to want to represent you.

  4. Nicole says

    In NY,
    I have a false claim against me that I give my toddlers bleach. Specifically my special needs child. I don’t even own bleach! I foolishly let this CPS worker in my home because I’m completely taken off guard. She started questioning the 2 therapists who were here with my kids without introducing herself or saying where she was from. She also never acknowledged my children who are toddlers. She didn’t look at them, smile at them or even say “hi”.
    I called her supervisor who laughed at me and said she’d like to talk to these 2 therapists because she doesn’t believe me. I also said I wanted a false accusation complaint filed with the DA and she said that it would never happen. It would have to be MULTIPLE false accusations before they even considered it.
    Now I’m under investigation for a complete fabricated lie and I have zero recourse. Obviously I have therapists and other people who can verify the false accusation, but it’s the point that the lying accuser has more rights than me. Any suggestions?

    • says

      Nicole, read the site and develop some strategies for getting your children back from these liars. You should go to the District Attorney’s office yourself if you can prove someone is lying about you. Don’t expect a CPS supervisor to help you… they are worse than the CPS social workers. CPS supervisors are former CPS caseworkers who did a “good job” of taking people’s kids away. They are the ones pulling the strings telling the CPS social workers to take people’s kids!

      How can they have any evidence that you gave bleach to your kids? If you haven’t signed a guilty plea or stipulation in court, you still have the opportunity to request a full trial to make them show their evidence, and you could show yours and call witnesses, such as those two therapists who support you… IF they really support you. Do you know who called in the fake bleach report?

    • Justice74 says

      If investigation was completed get a copy of the report. There might be enough clues there for you to figure out who made this false report. In my case they didn’t even reduct the persons name in one location, which is VERY ILLEGAL! Also look for other clues like time of the day a phone call was made, in my case it was 8 PM, and everyone knows that at 8 PM schools are closed and CPS is closed too. We are talking about non-emergency case her. I was able to prove that the investigator had fabricated three phone conversations between him and guidance counselor. Untill then say nothing, give nothing to CPS. Besides the investigator is required to give you an official document sating of what exactly you are being accused off, study your state child protection laws and don’t be afraid to point out unlawfull practice, in writing of course addressed to the social workers supervisor and the head of that department and send one to the Commisioner of your state, governors office, news papers. Registered mail of course.

      • says

        If you’re going to be sending out a mass mailing like that, don’t forget to include the county commissioners as they are responsible for everything that happens in the county – and they’re often very helpful and responsive because they want your vote.

  5. Candace says

    I have ongoing cps case since 2012 for 8&9 Ur old in Az because case remain open they took my youngest severance trial is next Month I need legal help please or probono lawyer in phoenix before Sept 24 2015 plz help

  6. Christie says

    I am in need of some advice. My husband has a not so good past, but his past is from 20+ years ago. We are on the 3rd time of cps being in our lives. All three times they have been here they were called by the same person. Same allegations everytime. The first two times they determined the allegations were unfounded and that my daughter was fine . Just recently the 3rd allegation came, i took my oldest down to the Center did the interview and the interview revealed that there was no major harm done to my daughter. She was touched in a way that made her feel uncomfortable. She was not molested or forced to do anything. Just a simple she did not feel comfortable in a situation and didnt know how to tell me.They are now making it out to be way more worse than what it is because of my husbands past and have been dragging it along. They have my daughter staying with my mom, a week after the allegations came out I was making calls to the CPS worker for them to come talk to me and my husband, because they never got ahold of me, the CPS worker was supposed to be here two Fridays ago didn’t call or anything as far as letting us know that he wouldn’t make it. Now all the sudden 3 weeks after this has started he decides to call. I live in Nebraska and can’t afford a ton of money for an attorney, and there is so much more as far as what has happened that I feel I need one.

    • Justice74 says

      Go get an attorney. Your child is with family, count your blessings. The attorney will help you to NOT say things to incriminate you and to make sure the CPS will NOT falsify any of the reports. You can sign up for a payment plan with the attorney, besides get a second and a third job. Your child is not at home presumably you have more time on your hands, so get busy!
      Remember you have a right to SHUT UP! Everything you say will be used against you, so if you want this involvement to end, shut up! More on
      As a warning, CPS can remove your child from the family at any moment and for any reason. CPS is worse than Adolf Hitler, just think of the atrocities he committed and multiply them by thousands, that’s what CPS is.

  7. mishelle says

    I was pulled over (me not driving )while getting a ride from a friends friend because I no longer had a lincence that being said I knew i had a warrant issued be cuz of driving with out permission Pryor and was ordered to do four days of scild witch Is instead of jail they require you work at the jail al day plus have transportation and pay daily I was unable to comply so in result is the jail time four days well a good six months passes and two days befor two of my three girls start school and kindergarten this pull over happens during us getting a ride I had there gradmother there waiting behind the cop car befor my name was ran knowing I’d be placed under arrest so my kids would not be left alone with the cops or scared and this officer claimed I was a danger to them be cuz the person gibmving the ride was wanted and had things on him that happen to be illigal now myy jail time done and over with no new charges either the state took them and made my mom there foster home thank god but I had done nothing but get a ride warrant yes but they say that is no problem it is the fact that my ride was riding “dirrty”. Witch I was unaware of . Not sure where I stand now not good at this much typing but could use any comments or suggestions about how to handle this

  8. says

    Help in Washington state. CPS just took our children and won’t tell us why until mid November, according to them. My wife needs support and I made a with the little detail I have currently.

    My wife is really distraught and needs your hands, heart and feet to help her. I need your help also.

    I put my link in the website portion of this post. Help us please. I am begging you.

  9. henry fox says

    PLEASE HELP in Houston Texas…i would like to sue child welfare, cps or whoever it was that took me from my family and the institutions they put me in. my parents were deaf mutes and my mother was in very bad health. she did not want to give us up. i believe she wasnt provided an interpreter because i have copies of hand written notes between my mother and a case worker saying they havent found an interpreter yet the day before court to terminate her parental rights. she begged them not to take us me and my brother away in those hand written notes. she was asking for help in the notes as well. after being kidnapped child welfare made me a poster child for adoption and plastered my photo all over houston. i still have one of those posters. in the group homes i was in….i was raped in the first one, burnett bayland. the kid was caught in the act and nothing was done about it. in another, cambio house, the punishment for anything was to be locked in closets, cambio house is now closed. in yet another, devereux foundation in victoria texas, a kid started a riot against me and i still have nightmares and have diagnosed with PTSD. the PTSD diagnosis is a direct result of my childhood. the issue is…im now 50 years old. i want to sue, but can i? i now live in ky. 502-640-5609

    • sandra smith says

      I hope you can sue them… Find a lawyer. You deserve10million$… They been doing this for so long . your life would have be different if not for them.they need to pay, they need to be shut down, good luck,i hope you win and can live the rest of your life in peace.

  10. Nathon says

    I really need some help! I have a 2 year old son, He has been with me since birth. I have been taking care of him his whole life. Recently CPS has gotten involved in our lives, and our lives have been disrupted by a corrupt cps worker/ Cps Supervisor.

    To be brief, I have cps trying to remove my son from my care. They are recommending a mental health evaluation on him. He’s only two! I had an incident where my son got up and went for the door. He hasn’t been able to open the door before now. He got up and went outside. My neighbor called the police. Now cps is threatening child endangerment charges and threatening to take him from me. I have done nothing wrong, I since have put an additonal lock on the door so he cannot do this again.

    How can cps use an isolated incident where there was no harm to the child to try to take him?? They threatened me into signing a safety plan, and into placing him with a family member. The safety plan states I am not allowed unsupervised with my own son!

    There has neven been any signs of abuse or neglect prior to this incident. He is happy and healthy. Regularly goes to his doctor and is up to date on his shots. He has a home and a father and mother that love him very much. How can cps do this???

    There is now a dependency hearing scheduled and the safety plan is said to be in place until the date of this hearing which is over 30 days away. So now I must deal with my son being removed for over 30 days, just because he was smart enough to be able to sneak out of my door?

    • says

      Nathon, do you have an attorney to help you at that dependency hearing? Having a good attorney (not a court appointed attorney) is the best way to discourage CPS from continuing your case. If you sign a guilty plea at the hearing you give up your right to a trial and they’ll never have to prove anything. Don’t be surprised if you read the social worker’s report to the court and it contains allegations you don’t expect, and even lies. That often happens. If you want a trial and they try to do it the same day you can say you’re not prepared, and ask for a continuance.

      • Nathon says

        Currently I have the court appointed attorney, which he is not any good and not motivated to help. I am desperately seeking an attorney in my area. So far the ones that are willing to take my case want more money than I can afford right now.

        I am a christian father, I have been praying for proper representation. I am just going to keep going through a list of lawyers in my area, until I can find one that’s motivated and within my budget.

        I can certainly prove my rights have been violated, that my caseworker has made several mistakes in court documents.

        God bless you for your work on this site Linda!

  11. Sabrina says

    My daughter has gotten her child taking away and has been placed in foster care. I asked for him to be placed with me but the chosen to put him in foster care. I have taken the hair folical test and passed now waiting for a home study to be done. He has been in foster care for 3 weeks now and the case worker says it’s going to take another month to get him back. It’s tearing my grandson up and me .I have been in his life since he was born 5 years ago. What can I do. Any suggestions on any attorney taking my case on pro bono? In desperate need.

    • says

      Sabrina, why would it take only another month for your daughter to get her son back? I think that’s inaccurate and the caseworker could be lying to your daughter. Most people don’t get a review hearing for six months. If she loses her initial trial or signs a guilty plea she will have a court ordered service plan to complete. Please read the site and help your daughter prepare for her next hearing. Read Who Will Prepare Your Case? Grandparents have no rights. The best you could get is de-facto parent rights in some states if you were the primary caretaker, or Kinship Care (the right to be like a foster parent to your grandchild). Read your state’s social services regulations to see if you can qualify for Kinship Care placement. They will want to place the child with someone who will not allow the parents to see the child except during approved visitation times.

  12. LaKetha says

    Im looking for information on what should be done for my niece who kids was taking through cps in March but they said her case was open since January and she was never notified and different workers kept telling her I case should have been closed and the last one we went to see told her she was getting a new case working and they gone work on giving her her kids back mind you throughout all this time she has been calling everyone… Every office and still no help and now since she has been calling every number she can find they saying they going to send her to court and they have never givin her anything in writing about what she needs to do

    • says

      LaKetha, where are these children staying? Does she have an attorney yet? If the kids were placed outside the home she should have either been to court, or they would have asked her to sign a service plan. If she hasn’t been to court yet she could request a trial so they’d have to prove something against her. Have her read this site – she should get more information on how to proceed. Read this: Who Will Prepare Your Case?

  13. Bonnie says

    I lost my legal rights after a cps caseworker came and testified for my ex who has had an open cps case before this one. She stated she believed me and my ex could. not raise children together even though she talked to me once. My ex has had 4 investigations. I have had none. In one of the past cps report s states I was a pill popper, alcoholic and crack addict. I do not pop pills . I have old narcotics from root canals and I have never did crack or cocaine in my life. I am in my 40 s. She also was found to have lied on the stand and cps never requested a drug test from myself. I am willing to give hair or urine. I was abused for years by my ex even while pregnant. Cps says it was the past so kids are safe. Can i sue cps in michigan

    • says

      Bonnie, please look for an attorney to see if you can sue them. Look for a “Michigan Civil Rights Attorney” on I would go to the District Attorney with proof that the CPS worker lied in court. That’s perjury, and it is a crime. I’d try to press charges.

  14. Jessica says

    Hi. I was referred to an Obgyn by the ER in my second trimester after finding out I was pregnant. Three days prior to discovering I was pregnant I used cocaine and marijuana, I tested positive for them both and was told I needed to stop or cps would get involved, I did; and haven’t touched cocaine since. It has now been over two months since I have used cocaine but on my last visit they said I tested positive again which is definitely not true. They have reporteded me to cps(who works in the same building, might I mention) and I have been required to speak with her after every visit to my OB. She informed me today that I have an open case since its my second positive for cocaine. I told here is no way I could be positive if I haven’t used it. I feel like they are trying to set me up. I have two boys who are 4 &1 years old and I am in the state of NC. Can you please give me some advise as to what I should do. I am so scared they will take my baby when its born! Please help!

    • says

      Jessica, you should get an attorney NOW rather than wait until your children are taken by CPS. It might be a good idea to leave that state, but definitely talk to an attorney about it first. Yes, they are probably trying to set you up. Your other children are also at risk of being taken. And . . . in the future please stay away from drugs.

    • Justice74 says

      They will take all your children not just the baby. I would definitely move out of State now. I’m surprised that they didn’t report you the first time, them being mandated reporters. CPS takes children for frivolous reasons, like seeking second medical opinion, using PERSCRIBED pain killers…your children are still young and highly adoptable. Leave while you can!

    • char says

      Ask for the test results and obtain an attorney. Your attorney should have the urine retested and if need be ask for a hair follicle test.

  15. Vanessa Harvey says

    I believe I got sucked into an investigation which was in another state and i just received a letter in that state saying the allegations were unsbstantiated. I really need help because like an idiot I was scared and signed their papers.

    • Sara says

      I have an open cps case in texas. My two 4 month old twins were removed from me & my ex. He assaulted me & ran off with the kids in his vehicle while intoxicated. He forcibly put them in this situation. They were removed because I took the situation upon myself even though local authorities could not do anything. They refused to give my mother temporary custody & have placed them in foster care. I’m a low income parent & am looking for a lawyer to help me fight this. This is not the only place I am looking. You can contact me at nine4zero7for5eight2eight1

  16. corey says

    I live in kern county ca and have a legal proposition 215 grow op and wanted to know if having a legal 215 grow op can affect my cps case

    • says

      Corey, it is up to the whim of the social worker and her supervisor… if they want to allege that your marijuana use affects your child, and that you’re not able to use your medicine and take care of your child effectively, they can.

      • corey says

        its my brother that has a license to grow not me I don’t use anything I just want to know if it will stop me from getting my son if I live with him

        • says

          Corey, it might be a problem. I think most caseworkers wouldn’t want a child returned to a home where marijuana is being grown (even legally). I can’t say definitely one way or another because it all depends on the whim of the caseworker as to what she/he wants to use against you in court. Most of CPS law is ambiguous.

  17. Ms. Lee says

    My, 14 year old daughter, went to school all mad at me for telling her, she could not go to her sisters after school, (19 yr sis just got new apt.) smoke pot, stay a her friends that are boys house.. She had school call dhs, She got to go to her sisters they removed her from my home. Said i am neglectful, I had no food, water service, power I had drug people living in our home, I was using drugs, (I do have a past history) and we are living in a Squatters house. You just pictured our home really gross and not livable. Yes we do live in a borrowed home, Bank owned, Home was going to ruin, I have made home beautiful. This offends many people, you have no idea. and most of them are at DHS judge really doesn’t like this idea. My court appointed attorney dosent like it. We did borrow this house with plans for 3 months, so i could afford my daughters braces. My daughter (bless her) is at my sisters in foster care. She now realizes what she has done, and that mom cant just fix it. She is now so cold and bitter and hateful. It breaks your heart. of course all this anger is directed at me. She no longer speaks with respect to anyone, Dhs is ruining our family by taking my ability to parent her away. She is lieing, sneaking out, doing drugs drinking, and being hurtful and disrespectful to her aunt. They have me in so many classes i dont have time to find new job. (16 years working with special needs kids) lost that job. I am now on this list where i cant work with kids again. (This was our future, This type of work is what im meant to do). I have no problem taking any of there surprise drug testing, anytime, the rest of it no. Before this happened, our saying always was” It would always be her and I against the world.” Now Im the only one shes against. We need help before its to late, for me to get my sweet daughter back.

    • says

      Ms. Lee, I hope your daughter will quit being angry at you soon. She needs to take responsibility for her part in the problem. I am not a lawyer so I can’t have clients – but I offer this site with suggestions and ideas you can use to create a strategy for fighting your CPS case in court. I’m sorry you won’t be able to work with children right now since that’s your normal way to make money, but hope that you’ll find new opportunities for work that don’t involve being around children. I have never heard of someone borrowing a house from a bank before. It sounds like your daughter is out of control. If she doesn’t start treating her aunt better, she might end up in a group home.

  18. jes says

    I have a question……
    Our family has an open CPS case. Nothing at all has been put in with the courts and we still have our children. Due to personal family reasons we are having to move and have found a place that is one state over. My question is can we move out of state and do we have to notify CPS that we are doing so?
    We live and are moving from Virginia if that helps

    Thank you

    • says

      Jes, even if you haven’t been to court, if you have an open CPS case you should get a lawyer… and he should be able to tell you what would happen if you moved without telling CPS. Rules for CPS are different in all the states so I can’t tell you what might happen. They might take your children if they think you’re going to move, or they might drop the case or send it to the other state. Could you just call and ask them?

      • says

        Better yet cold call. Pretend to be calling on the behalf of the friend, and give a fake name and don’t call from your phone. It’s better to test the waters first. There is a possibility they will overreact.
        I would say a lot depends at what stage current involvement is. If you are past Assesment and there is no court ordered plan I would just write a letter stating ( mail it registered on the day you are moving not before) something like : thank you for your hard work but we no longer wish to receive your Services. Social Worker coming to your house to snoop and ask stupid questions is called a service…
        I would NEVER tell them if I was moving to another county or State.
        The way CPS operates is illogical. It is better always to pretend like you are cooperating while in reality give them nothing! The less information provided the better because they will twist every word you say and if there is not enough to twist they just come up with lies.
        I have been there and done that. When people tell that CPS is corrupt to the core they are! All the way to the Governors Office of your State! The Federal money coming in from illegal child kidnappings is used to balance State budget! The only remedy people have is to sue them in Federal Court but at that point the damage is already done.

  19. Summer says

    I have been involved in a dcs case with my 3 year old since December 3, 2014. I had an overdose on prescription meds at a pain management clinic where they called the police, and remanded my baby to my Mothers custody. Since then I have followed the case plan, but have been hospitilized frequently due to ostomylitis, a surgery for the infection, and twice for bowel issues from a previous surgery. My case managers were changed three times in the first 4 months, and I have one now who had been trying to remove my daughter from my Mom first because she said she didn’t understand my addiction, then for a missed phone cal, and she finally succeeded in removing her because I was released from the hospital, and took a cab to my Mom’s to see my baby, and she said I was discharged to my Moms. I have been in a relationship with her psychological Father since I was 5 months pregnant. he cut her cord. She calls him Daddy. He has no criminal history, is a double major graduating in December with an Anthropology and a Geology degree, got his citizenship, works 2 jobs, and wants to adopt my daughter. They refuse to acknowledge his role as Father. She told me if he had adopted her my daughter would be in the home with him as a safety monitor, then contridicted herself by saying he can’t be because he doesn’t know enough about substance abuse, because he has never been an addict, and she believes he isn’t involved enough in my treatment. He has repeadedly asked what he needs to do to have our child, and as far as a “case plan” she has no set one for us. The plan is reunification with severance and adoption running concurrant, as per the norm, but I believe she wants to take my rights. I need help before this case gets so far gone there will be nothing legally we can do to stop them from stealing my little girl and destroying our family.

    • says

      Summer, the case plan would be given by the judge… he would have signed a court order with a reunification plan… also called a service plan. Things you have to do – like visitation, counseling, psychological evaluation, drug testing, and parenting classes. You are not married to this “psychological father” so why would the caseworker take the relationship seriously as a placement for your child? Have you been through rehab yet? Is rehab on your service plan?

      • Summer says

        Yes I have an intake appointment on Wednesday. I was in an outpatient program for 3 months but when I relapsed I had to withdraw myself from the program in order to have my insurance pay for an in house rehab. The case worker said if he had adopted her it would have been different, but we have been together almost 4 years and he is Shai’s Father, that is why I would believe she would consider him for placement. I don’t have a service plan. I had things the investigator had originally told me to do, that I have been complying with from day one, but she told me there WAS no case plan. So I need to ask my lawyer to ask the judge the specific steps I need to take to have my daughter back then? And how do I go about having her back in my Mom’s care? She was removed for assumptions, not fact. I am drug testing, and completed a psychological eval today as well.

  20. says

    Dfc had me place my kids with their dad. The social worker said I was unstable. It was nothing wrong with me. it been a year the doc told me I was not crazy. I have a house a doing good I want my kids back. How can I get them back

    • says

      June Fish – If you have a house with room for your children and a job to support them, and no mental illness, the social worker no longer has a reason to say you’re unstable… right? Do you have another court date? If so, you can create a Declaration of Facts to explain to the judge that your situation is better and you’re ready for your children to be returned to you.

      One parent in this situation took photos of her new home including beds ready for the children, put them on a CD, and gave them to the judge as evidence. She got her children back.

  21. Emily says

    I need an attorney ASAP or legal advice. A report was made by a hospital employee to CPS-Dallas metroplex- in regards to learning my child’s care. We believe the report also states that drug abuse is suspected. It is all very false. I’ve completed the required training, and I have numerous hospital staff (nurses) who are willing and ready to stand up for me. I have a meeting with the CPS investigator tomorrow. I have not spoke to an attorney, and until now didn’t realize I would need to. I’m nervous after learning how deceptive abd conniving many of these CPS investigators are. Any legal advice ASAP (before tomorrow morning) is appreciated! My phone number is 2one4four4nine8nine8five
    Or I can be reached by email at emroberts24[at]

  22. Jessica says

    I have some questions and need some advice. Its a long story with CPS involvement and really don’t want to put it all on here. If someone could contact me by email or by phone that could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    My phone number is 3zero4 four33 zero73four
    and my email is jes44853((AT))

    Thank you,

  23. Dennis jr says

    My name is Dennis jr im having a dcf issue were they are trying to terminate me and my kids mothers rights and leave my kids in the system I have 4 kids and they are all in different homes we been dealingvwith this almost 3 years now were they would file a tpr lose it then start reunification just to find another reason to remove them again and start over. In a 3 year span this is the 6 tpr filed against us threevon her three on me. My kids mother is complete with her case plan they gave me one and im hapfway through with mine and the crazy part is I never did anything wrong it started with the mothers child abuse allegations now the whole case is about my criminal history somebody please help make since of this u can contact me at 813-7zero4-7nine3six anytime please help me..

    • says

      Dennis, I suspect a lot depends on why the caseworker took the children away from their mother again. If she wasn’t following their instructions do you think they will ever trust her again? You might be more likely to get custody now. But your compliance with the case plan isn’t likely to be of any help to the mother. She has to do her own work, to be approved and to impress the judge.

  24. brandy says

    i am looking for a lawyer that will help me fight to get my kids back from kids have been in their care for almost two yrs now, i have a lawyer but she does not really do what i hope so would do. she does not speak up for me and rather me give up my rights and let my kids go. i od on sleeping pills and that cause me to lose my kids. i have been doing everything i can to get them back. cps made a plain for me and in that plain I am suppose to get two phones aweek from my kids and set visits. which i dont get any phones as plained. and my visits dont go has they are suppose to do. i need help and a lawyer that will work with me please. i have tried everything. i dont really have money so i dnt know how to pay for a lawyer so this is why I am asking any one out there for help please. My court dated is set july 23 to see if i lose my rights to me babies. i need a different lawyer please if any one knows one please help.

    • says

      Brandy – you’re asking for help too late in the process. Please use the information on this site to prepare for court. Ask a friend to help you type up a Declaration of Facts and Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker. I say ‘ask a friend’ because you’ll need the help of someone with good writing skills.

      If your attorney has done nothing to get prepared for this hearing, stand and TELL THE JUDGE that your attorney is not prepared to defend you. That will at least probably get a continuance and a different court appointed attorney.

      Keep in mind that this is a self-help site – and there’s no list of free miracle workers who can do the work for you. Read: Who Will Prepare Your Case?

  25. Sandra says

    dfacs came to my daughters , based on her boyfriends name came up in another case, her and him had a baby 5mo ago. they wanted them to go take a drug test. The next day they came and the boyfriend had gone to jail for aggravated assault with a neighbor/so my daughter had not gone to take the test she had no way, but they said they had gotten an emergency order from a judge to take the child because they thought the child was in danger. But they didnt show her this order, and took the child. we later learned her boyfriend had a child cruelty charge and his rights were terminated and thats why they thought the child was in danger. But he was incarcerated by the time they came back with the order,which we have yet to see….so the child was not in danger if he was in jail. Did they have the right to take her anyway? and did they have to have a court order and give her a copy of it before taking her>? they placed her in a foster home immediately,not allowing us the grandparents to come get her, who was 5 minutes away. We called immediately but they still wont talk to us about placement or visitation. I have no criminal record or anything.

    • says

      Sandra, you have kinship care rights and can work with them to get custody… but they prefer to give custody to people who are on their side rather than on their children’s side… and they could decide to give custody to another relative if they don’t like you or think you would give your child unauthorized visits. Yes, they had the legal right to take the child because the boyfriend will get out of jail and be right there at her house again and they figure she will probably let him in because they still have an emotional attachment. But they didn’t have the right to lie about having a court order which they never produced . . . that is a coercive technique. I think it is safe to say that if they didn’t show her the court order, there wasn’t one. Too late now. They have her child and so long as there’s a possibility that she will reunite with the boyfriend, the court will most likely let them keep custody.

      • Sandra says

        we got a 12 month protection order. we took it to the dfacs office, they didnt even want a copy of it… i guess that would hurt their case. im talking to a good lawyer now. im sure she will be better than the appointed lawyer who has done nothing. But my daughter wasnt even living there at the boyfriends house. her and the baby lived with me she had been up there a few weeks visiting him and other family members, would that make a difference?:

    • says

      I’m so very sorry you lost a member of your family to these Satans. They do have to show you the court order. That’s why its crucial not to let them in your house. Talk to them through the window. Showing doesn’t mean waving in the air. You have a right to see it read it and you should take picture of it.
      Before all this you should be video taping the whole encounter.
      Guess what? You are NEVER going to see that court order because there was none! They use this trick all the time and see if you will fall for it! The cops will just assist them in the kidnapping without a peep!
      You need to find a good attorney and educate yourself about your State Child protection Laws!
      Read this book “Profane Justice: A Comprehensive Guide to Asserting Your Parental Rights“. By Suzanne Shell. The Kindle version only costs $5 on Amazon.
      Every one should read this book, it’s that important. If you have children under age of 18 you must read this book! The system is corrupt to the core!
      I woudnt be surprised if the baby’s fathers conviction was a total setup.

  26. Sandra says

    Im looking for an aggressive,denfense lawyer with good outcomes fighting dfacs in GA. My granddaughter was taken into custody 31 days ago and the appointed atty, seems not to care. The family have yet to be notified and our emails trying to get her placed in our home go unanswered. Im certain they have broken many laws, she was taken illegally, maybe, the other grandparents were in the home who could have kept the child. Also, the father we found out has child cruelty charges and my daughter is a victim of family violence. They are not married and she immediately moved in with me. we have a 12 month protection order, but they dont want to separate her from him. we have had to hearings and we need a GREAT lawyer asap., email me please

  27. deborah says

    I had cps come to my door on july 2 I asked for a warrant to enter my house they walked to their car called the police returned to my house and again i asked the police for a warrant to enter my house they refused to give me the warrant saying if i wanted one they would take my kids for a 72 hour hold if i wanted one i feel my rights were violated and have seen people win cases against the cps workers and police for violating the law in their favor can someone please contact me on this. ingramdeb27[at]

    • says

      Deborah, that’s a violation of the fourth amendment – they coerced you to allow entry. Please start calling civil rights attorneys in nearby cities to see who will take your case. Someone should be able to get a nice paycheck from that.

    • Sandra says

      did they take your kids. ? I think they do have to get a warrant if you dont let them in. In my case , my daughter let them in but didnt want to talk to them and they took her baby saying they got an emergency order from a judge, but they did not show her any paper, we still havent seen it… just dont let them in and dont talk to them. tell them to talk to your lawyer. they wont come back.

    • says

      One piece of advise I would offer if people are faced with a situation like this is:
      1. The very first thing you should do is DONT answer the door to strangers. Lock your doors, close your curtains and blast the music.
      2. If you are cought of the guard and ignoring is not an option get out your recording device. Anything! Your smart phone, camera, don’t have one fake it! Pretend that you have one! Press record and then start talking, not before! Do NOT open the door!!! Talk through the window, if it’s all possible!
      3. The first thing out of your mouth should be: CAN I SEE AN ID? Take it video record it or at least snap a picture of it! They must show you an ID, it’s a Federal Law!
      4. If they refuse then it’s easy, send them away! They could be an impostor! Tell them you must leave now, you have refused to show an ID, you are Tresspasing, I don’t want you here, I don’t give my permission for you to be here. If the person doesn’t budge, call the cops on CPS Investigator! Tell the dispatcher that person refused to show an ID, if you are afraid for your safety, say that too, if they are trying to force themselves in, add that one also.
      5. If they are showing you an ID next thing you should be asking is why are you here? They must disclose the reason and they MUST give you a letter from CPS that states the allegations.
      6. If they refuse, terminate the conversation. They are mandated by Law to disclose. If they threaten to call cops, you call them first and explain the situation to the dispatcher. This random individual is at my door refusing to provide with a and b and c. I feel threatened and I do not give my permission for this person to remain on my property please remove them. Lock your windows, close the curtains, don’t engage, but stay on the phone with the dispatcher untill the CPS leaves. Don’t forget to describe of what is happening…like they are trying to brake in, they are knocking, they are yelling, they are sitting in their car in my driveway…etc. comment to every single detail. DONT ENGAGE with the police either…that’s the trick! If you do you give them an opportunity to coerce the entry in to your home. Tell the dispatcher that you will be speaking to no one without your attorney present! Cops should get that and back off. If there is no eminent danger cops have no right to an unlawful entry. If CPS all of the sudden claims that there is you can bring the children to the window for an inspection. One at a time.
      7. If CPS fallows the Law and has showed their ID and given you the letter and explained you why they are there. Don’t let them in to your home under no circumstances! You DONT have to! Don’t do it! The only reason for them to gain entry is to gather evidence against you! Don’t give them that opportunity!
      8. You can state something like this. I wish I could assist you, but this seems such a serious matter that I better have my attorney look in to this. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience( always be extra polite). What is the best number to reach you? If they persist…keep apologizing and assuring that you will be in touch with them tomorrow. Get the persons supervisors contact info and after CPS leaves call them. Keep a recording of the message or the conversation with the supervisor and apologize to how sorry you are for not being to accomodate their Investigator and that you will have your attorney contact them. If they just contacted you before hand next time you could accomodate them better, because you know how busy they are “protecting” the kids from abuse and neglect…

      Hopefully by now they figured out that you are NOT an easy target and will back off. has some excellent tips about this.

      For your situation It’s not that simple. What State are you in? If you are in Arizona, you are out of luck! Is it the most corrupt state in the nation? Was it like 1 in every 100 kids are being kidnapped?
      Did you audio and video tape them? Because without that it comes down to she said he said.
      Cops are usually 100% ignorant about your rights. In my experience they are quite uneducated about child protection laws.
      If I were you the very first thing I would do is get a police report. See what’s on it. Usually the cops will write the truth, assisted the CPS, explained the options to the parent blah, blah, blah…
      Now you have your first peace of solid evidence. If the report doesn’t reflect the actual events it’s time to bring it up with the police chief and have it corrected.
      If police chief ignores you call the Town Managers Office. I wasn’t aware of this, but the police chief answers to the Towns Manager and the Towns Council. Towns Council consists of elected officials who are not compensated for their work. All you need to do is find one who dislikes the cops and you got yourself and ally.
      Any letter, e- mail becomes a matter of public record. Remember you are gathering evidence so don’t be confrontational and DONT incriminate yourself. It can be a simple letter of concern and that the misconduct needs to be looked in to since its a liability for the Town etc. quote some Laws that were broken.
      This is how things run were I live.
      If at the end of the day the only thing you achieved is re-educated the local cops, you have done a great service to the community and your suffering hasn’t been in vain. If you feel compelled enough you can contact the local newspaper and have them write an article about the things that took place, what laws were broken and what are people’s rights…DONT ever let CPS or COPS enter your home without a warrant!
      Even if they have a warrant you still need to know if it’s really a warrant! has a whole session explaining different types of “warrants” that can be brought to you, but there is only one type that requires you to let them in and it does have to explain of all the things they are searching for and they will be seizing. Take a picture of this warrant since they tend to vanish later on…
      For more stories of overreaching cops visit!

  28. Irene Holmes says

    I am from Olympia, WA. The state has put my kids up for adoption since the first day they where all taken away from us. Two SW testified that in my daughter’s termination hearing March 2014. I need some help to find a good lawyer who can defend me against the state of WA CPS and many others that we have to do separately.
    I have low income so, i do not have much money to pay for an attorney. I might have to do this on my own. I wanted to see if there was anybody who can offer me more advise or defend my honor for many civil acts that has harm me and my five children, against cps of tum water, and Everett WA.
    My name does not matter to me if cps finds out. I have already been talking about them on my Facebook page.

To get your comments approved faster:
1. Write short comments
2. Do not use your last name if you have an open case and are concerned about your social worker finding your comment. If you're extremely worried about that, use a fake name and location.
3. Do not use anyone else's name
4. Do not use all-caps
5. Disguise your phone number with words in place of some of the numbers like 846-55five-36nine8

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *